Health and safety issues within the construction industry are taken very seriously, so it is important that all workers undertake the necessary training programmes to ensure that they are fully aware of how to use equipment in a safe manner.
We at ASR know that there are a number of risks which can lead to serious injury and/or deaths on construction sites, but with the correct training, accidents will be minimised and employers will be complying with health and safety regulations.
We therefore not only sell and hire access platform equipment, but also provide IPAF, (International Powered Access Federation), training Through dedicated partner companies with fully qualified and auditered instructors.
OUR COURSE OVERVIEW
WE HOLD ON A DAILY BASIS 1 OF 2 COURSES AVAILABLE.
3A AND 3B TRAILING - Mobile elevated cherry picker - Mobile elevated scissor lift training.
1B AND PAV - Static boom and push around vehicles.
IPAF TRAINING COURSE
A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to enable operators to manoeuvre, drive and position the MEWPs safely and proficiently. Courses can be undertaken on scissor lifts, boom lifts, trailer mounted or truck mounted platforms.
Who should attend?
Who needs a PAL Card?
If you need to work at height and use access equipment (MEWPs):
• IPAF believes that you should receive basic training
• In addition to your main job, e.g. electrician, painter, decorator, cleaner, you will acquire a new skill
• Platforms are designed to be easy to use and offer a safe way to work at height, but with basic training you will use the equipment more effectively and safely If you are an employer
• You can be sure that legal requirements have been fulfilled if your platform operators have the PAL card
• Most legislation, covering Health & Safety obligations, accident prevention and work at height regulations, requires you to provide employees with proper and adequate training in the use of work equipment. IPAF training to the highest standard means that your platform operators will also work more efficiently and productively.
• Awareness of different types of MEWPs
• Safe operation of MEWPs and limitations of use
• Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
• Planning the route before operating the MEWP
• Travelling the route and manoeuvring the MEWP
• Setting up the MEWP for work
• Basic operational practice
• Achievement testing
• Selection and use of fall arrest equipment
• Log book issue
• Course review and close
By the end of the course, the delegate will:
Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control
Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment
Be able to manoeuvre the machine as required and drive the machine proficiently and safely
Be able to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner
Training for this course can be undertaken on the following categories: 1a, 1b, 3a and 3b. The course is for a duration of 1 - 3 days, depending on the number of categories required. On successful completion, delegates will receive a PAL (Powered Access Licence) photo ID card giving instant recognition of identity and the categories accredited. The card is valid for 5 years, after which the delegate would need to be re-assessed.
Things that all attendees need to provide.
PPE is required to undertake the course. to undertake the course the person undertaking must provide a safety harness for them to wear. Training Method: Classroom tutorials, theory test, demonstrations and practical tests.